Community Executive, Chinese Teacher, Writer and Actor
Arts, Music, Literature, Community Service and Engagement, Cultural Diversity, Design and Architecture, Education, Energy and Resources, Environment and Sustainability, Feminist Policy and Politics, Women’s Affairs, Foreign Affairs and Trade, History, Archeology, Anthropology, Immigration and Citizenship, International Development and Issues, Motivational Speaking, Religion, Spirituality and Ethics, Social Justice and Human Rights, Sociology, Women’s Health and Reproductive Rights, Women’s Safety
Sophia Shen is a Chinese-born Australian poet, award winning writer and actor. She is also a Chinese language teacher and community leader with broad interests in politics, sociology, philosophy, multimedia, art and music. She has worked in various fields such as education, finance, real estate and international trade. She is a strong advocate for women’s rights.
Sophia contributes to many community service roles:
• Board Member of Diversitat – Geelong Ethnic Communities Council
• Board Member of 94.7 the Pulse FM Community Radio Station.
• President of Chinese Association of Geelong Inc (2005-2010)
• Advisory Committee Member for the Refugee Linkage Project (2009-2011)
• Advisory Forum Member for the Cultural Enhancement Fund to improve infrastructure of China Town in Melbourne (2007-2010)
• Advisory Board Member of Geelong Women in Local Democracy
• Member of Victorian Immigrant & Refugee Women’s Coalition
• Member of Victorian Women’s Trust
• Member of Geelong Writers’ Inc