A strategic gift that keeps on giving
You can set up a Sub-Fund in honour of a special woman – it may be a family member, friend or someone you admire.
We work with you to identify a specific issue or issues affecting women and girls in Victoria that is of particular interest to you or reflects the woman you are honouring.
A Sub-Fund is also a great way to involve your family or organisation in the experience of giving.
Key features of our Sub-Funds
- No start up or ongoing management fees are charged to administer Sub-Funds.
- A minimum endowment of $100,000 is required – as this amount can earn sufficient interest in any year to allow substantial grants to be made.
- The endowment and any additional donations into Sub-Funds are tax-deductible.
- Tax deductions for donations can be spread over five financial years.
- Any income generated is tax-free and contributes to growing the Sub-Fund.
- Each Sub-Fund can be named after an individual, who may be a family member, friend or someone you admire.
- The Sub-Fund must have distinctive purposes that fit within the philosophy and ethos of the Victorian Women’s Trust and benefit women and girls in Victoria.
- An Advisory Committee supports each Sub-Fund. This Committee may include a family member.
- Whilst endowees are encouraged to provide recommendations for the annual distribution of the Sub-Fund grants, regulatory requirements mean that the final decision about grants remains the responsibility of the Trustees of the Victorian Women’s Benevolent Trust.
- 80% of the annual interest earned on the Sub-Fund capital is released for grant-making; 20% is retained with the capital amount so that it continues to accrue.
I feel immensely privileged to be able to remember my mother in this way… And I know that it would give my mother great pleasure too.
– Hilary Irwin, Con Irwin Sub-Fund endowee
Are you interested in setting up a Sub-Fund?
We would love to talk with you about the possibility of setting up a Sub-Fund with the Victorian Women’s Benevolent Trust. Please get in touch with Carolyn Munckton, VWBT General Manager on phone 03 9642 0422 or firstname.lastname@example.org